Spouti Launch heralds Revolutionary STP Device
by Kellen Berry, Founder of Spouti
A familiar problem
Since all of you here are involved in outdoor activities, you don’t need me to tell you that finding a restroom when you have to go is not always easy out in the woods. For sure, you can try and find a rock, or a bush, or a really wide tree and then you hope no one comes by while you drop your drawers, balance yourself for a squat that, hopefully, aims everything far enough away that you don’t dribble on your pants, then pull out the toilet paper and bury that….
You know the drill. It sucks. It’s gross. It’s kind of dangerous if we’re being honest. So, people started coming up with stand-to-pee devices. I call them STPs for short. Shewee, GoGirl, Peebol – there are hundreds out there, all variations on the same theme: a funnel you can pee through. They work in some ways but have a lot of shortcomings. You still have to lower your pants. If you pee too hard there is backflow and spills. If you don’t get the right angle you get your pants wet. When you are done there is uncomfortable wetness unless you have toilet paper handy. Then, to add insult to injury, you have to shake off the rest of the urine and put the pee-funnel into your pack, bag, purse – whatever it is you are using to hold your items at the time.
It’s still gross. It still sucks. And you still have to expose yourself just to take a quick pee.
Devising a solution
So, a year and a half ago I got sick of dealing with gross, wet, STPs and I created a new design.
I call it Spouti! Spouti is much smaller than the average pee-funnel. Instead of having to cover your entire downstairs in a funnel, hoping you make a good seal, Spouti sits between your legs. The small cup at the top seals around your urethra to make a pathway for urine. You pee, it goes into Spouti, out the 10 inches of flexible tubing, and far away from your body.
There are no leaks. There is no wet post-pee puddle that needs to be wiped clean. And you don’t even have to pull down your pants. Spouti goes on in the morning and you can wear it all day. I chose the softest silicone we could get so when you wear Spouti it fades into the background like it isn’t even there. I’ve done extensive testing, both personally and with external testers. I went backpacking along the AT – 3 days, 22 miles. I wore Spouti every day and it was a lifesaver. I stayed hydrated and if I needed to take a quick pee? No problem – I just stepped up to a rock or a tree, unzipped my pants, pulled out the tube, peed, and I was on my way again.
Get involved ahead of Spouti Launch
It may be strange to be passionate about something like an STP – but I am. I am reaching out every chance I get to ask for your help. I have started a Kickstarter to raise the money I need to fund my first production run. I have a contract lined up with a silicone molding company – once we get the funding they will cast the mold and we’ll get our Spouties back in a couple of weeks.
We just reached 20% funded and it would mean everything to me if you would help me get the remaining 80%. You can read through our website (www.myspouti.com) – I have documented a ton of information about how to wear Spouti, what it feels like, what it is made out of – we even have a detailed section that walks you through how to find your urethra. It took me a little bit of time to find my own, but now? I can get Spouti on in 20 seconds, pull up my pants, and I am ready to STP.
I believe in making things affordable – if you make a pledge of $40 or more on Kickstarter you get a personalized referral link. If you share that link and get 5 other people to make a pledge of $40 or more you get $40 back.
This is a product we need, this is a product we deserve. Thank you for helping me bring it to life!
Here is the link to the Kickstarter where you can make your pledge!!