Camping for Women is now officially 1!
Camping for Women and its website www.campingforwomen.com went live with its first blog post on 23 May 2015 and so much has happened since then.
In our first year, we have chalked up a few milestones…
Top 10 achievements include:
- Commenced the website with a global theme focussed on women’s needs
- Launched free blog subscription
- Introduced ‘Knowledge Sharing’ between women to benefit all
- Coordinated significant contributions of multiple women across 8 countries from 5 regions
- Commissioned and published a free beginners ebook available on website
- Compiled (so far) 91 specialist women outdoor articles (and counting…)
- Commissioned a specialist camping cookbook to cater to hikers, campers and glampers
- Developed the free ‘Planned Itinerary Notification’ (P.I.N.) safety resource
- Commissioned and published the Camping First Aid Guide
- Launched the Camping for Women Channel for videos on YouTube
But there is no time to rest now…with more and more women expressing keen interest to grow available resources across a number of different areas.
So what’s being planned next for year 2?
Well, we have a few things that we are working toward right now…
- Launch of ‘The 3 in 1 Camping Cuisine Cookbook’
- Checklists across a number of different outdoor activities, available for free download
- Introduction of an online outdoor store within the website
- Providing a service to assist women produce and share videos with other women
- Continue to build a bank of useful articles, tips and information for women who love the great outdoors
- Put together specialist guides on Rock Climbing & Mountaineering, Canyoneering, Canoeing & Kayaking while investigating other areas of interest to our readers
So this post is about marking the occasion of our first birthday by letting our readers know what has happened and outline a few things we have planned for the future.
Most of all we want to take the opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone for your wonderful support and ongoing encouragement to continue to develop the best global resource possible.
Please do not hesitate to share your thoughts or ideas for what you would like to see for the future or if you want to join in sharing your experience of the great outdoors. Just send us a message on the ‘Contact’ page of the website or email us: [email protected] – As always we love to hear from you.
Here’s to another great year serving fellow women campers…